- 500 g boneless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup crunchy natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts, to serve
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- Fresh chili, sliced (optional)
- Oil for cooking
- Place the coconut milk, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic into the bowl of a food processor. Process until combined. Transfer half of the satay sauce into a saucepan and set aside.
- Brush the remaining sauce over the chicken skewers.
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium heat. Add the skewers and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Alternatively these can be cooked on the barbecue or baked in the oven.
- While the skewers are cooking heat the remaining satay sauce on the stove top over a medium heat.
- Serve the skewers drizzled with the extra satay sauce and sprinkled with chopped peanuts, coriander and fresh chili if using. To make a balanced meal have the skewers with steamed rice and a side of salad.
Detailed Nutrition Information
(Per serve) Energy 2100 kJ (500 Cal) | 33 g protein | 37 g total fat | 10 g saturated fat | 6 g carbohydrate | 3 g fibre