This easy to make and super tasty snack is also really good for you. Chickpeas are high in protein and fibre. Eat these as a snack on their own or combine with a salad for a yummy lunch.
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Start by flavouring the oil. Take the garlic cloves remove the skin and place them on a chopping board. Use the side of a knife blade to crush them. Add the garlic to your oil and leave to soak. The longer you leave this the more flavour it will have. Alternatively you could use garlic infused olive oil.
- Next rub the chickpeas in a tea towel to dry them and remove the papery skins. If any chickpeas haven’t lost their skin, squeeze them between your thumb and forefinger. The skin should pop off easily.
- Spread the chickpeas over a lined baking tray, drizzle over the garlic oil and toss well.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until crunchy
- Let cool, then season with salt as needed.
These make a yummy snack by themselves or a great topping to a salad.
Detailed Nutrition Information
(Per serve) Energy 550 kJ (130 Cal) | 4 g protein | 8 g total fat | 1 g saturated fat | 9 g carbohydrate | 3 g fibre