Our Asian chicken noodle soup is the perfect, easy to prepare dinner recipe to have up your sleeve. It’s super tasty and loaded with good veggies and protein.
- 300 g chicken breast, sliced
- 2 smaller bok or pak choy, sliced length ways in half
- 1-2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ litres salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 200 g dried rice noodles
- ½ fresh chilli, sliced (or pinch of chilli flakes)
- Coriander leaves, sliced spring onion and sesame seeds to garnish
- Add the stock, oyster sauce, fish or soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and garlic to a large pot and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and add the chicken. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Then add the bok choy, carrots and mushrooms and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Don’t cook for too long as you still want the carrots and bok choy to have some crunch. Remove from the heat.
- While the soup is cooking prepare the noodles by soaking them in boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and drizzle with sesame oil.
- Once the chicken is cooked remove the soup from the heat and shred the breasts using two forks. They should pull apart easily.
- Divide the noodles between two bowls. Ladle the soup over the noodles ensuring you get an even split of the chicken and veggies.
- Top with spring onions, chilli and coriander.
- Vegetarian swap out the chicken for tofu and use soy sauce instead of fish sauce
- Gluten Free use gluten free soy and oyster sauce
Detailed Nutrition Information
(Per serve) Energy 1250 kJ (300 Cal) | 22 g protein | 4 g total fat | 1 g saturated fat | 42 g carbohydrate | 3.5 g fibre