You cannot beat a bowl of porridge to warm the belly on a cold winters morning. Especially after an early morning training session. By itself though porridge can be a bit boring so we have created some yummy and nutritious options to keep breaky interesting. One of our favourites is this Peanut Butter and Jam Porridge. Enjoy!
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon raspberry jam
- Handful of raspberries, fresh or frozen thawed
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Few drops of vanilla essence
- Add oats, milk, cinnamon, vanilla essence and honey to a small pot and bring to a gentle boil.
- Simmer, stirring frequently, until porridge has thickened, about 2 minutes
- Remove oats from the stove, pour into a bowl and top with peanut butter, jam* and raspberries.
*We recommend using our Raspberry Chia Jam
Detailed Nutrition Information
(Per Serve) Energy 1450 kJ (346 Cal) | 12.5 g protein | 15 g total fat | 4 g saturated fat | 36 g carbohydrate | 9 g fibre