Homemade jam that contains a fraction of the added sugar, but all of the flavour of traditional jam. Is that even possible? Sure is. Our Raspberry Chia Jam uses the magic of chia seeds to achieve that perfect jam consistency. It is also super quick and effortless to make. A delicious and nutritious addition to your toast, muesli, porridge or smoothies.
- 2 cups raspberries, frozen or fresh
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar, honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil. Stir frequently for a few minutes until the raspberries have broken up and the jam thickens.
- If you would like to sweeten the jam more stir in the sugar, honey or syrup.
- Allow to cool then store in clean jar in the fridge. It will keep for approximately 2 weeks.
Detailed Nutrition Information
(Per 15 g Serve) Energy 57 kJ (14 Cal) | <1 g protein | <1 g total fat | <1 g saturated fat | 2 g carbohydrate | 1 g fibre