Fibre-rich oats injected with flavour and topped with something fresh and tasty. This apple and berry bircher muesli is a winning start to any athlete’s day.
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups Greek or unsweetened natural yoghurt
- 2 apples, grated
- Juice of 2 oranges (or approximately 1 cup orange juice)
- 1/2 cup nuts and/or seeds, such as walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds etc
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cup berries of choice (fresh or frozen) to serve
- Combine all the ingredients apart from the berries in an airtight container.
- Store in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning add a little more yoghurt or some milk if needed before serving.
- Top with berries and extra nuts or seeds.
- For busy weeks make a bulk batch and keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- To make dairy free use soy yoghurt instead.
- For coeliacs who cannot eat oats, replace them with quinoa flakes.
Detailed Nutrition Information
(Per Serve) Energy 1900 kJ (450 Cal) | 15 g protein | 19 g total fat | 6.5 g saturated fat | 50 g carbohydrate | 10 g fibre