The humble can of baked beans just got a make over with this nutritious and tasty homemade version. Fuel your day and gut with this fibre-packed breakfast.
- 1 x 400g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 400g can cannellini or butter or haricot beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp tomato chutney
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Heat the oil over a medium heat in a large fry pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the beans, paprika, cumin, oregano, canned tomatoes, chutney and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer until thickened, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Serve on its own or with eggs on toast (gluten free if needed) with parsley sprinkled over as a garnish.
Detailed Nutrition Information
(Per Serve) Energy 1800 kJ (440 Cal) | 18 g protein | 16 g total fat | 2.4 g saturated fat | 45 g carbohydrate | 18 g fibre